Re: Daily eye candy.

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 03:46:26AM -0800, Chris Phelps wrote:
> http://glimmer.sf.net/gnome2/gnome-file-selector.png
>
> This is the beginning of my GnomeFileSelector, because the GtkFileSel
> sucks. This is a widget that I've used in Glimmer for some time now, but
> only recently VFS'd. Today I ported it to GTK+ 2 and pretty much rewrote
> everything from scratch except the URI handling code...it uses
> GtkListStore and GtkTreeView to display the lists of course. Tomorrow I
> hope to hack together some support for the EShotcut bar, If it's not
> ported yet, I'll start with that and then hopefully get a working
> implementation going asap.

  Looks really nice !!!
However one of the most annoying problem I have with 1.4 file selector
is when trying (as an user) to use it to save a resource to some place. Galeon
uses it to prompt the user for the pace to save a downloaded resource,
Unfortunately as soon as one change the directory the existing filename is lost.
This makes it very frustrating for this (specific) use.
IMHO this illustrate the difference between a File selector and a Path selector,
is this provided somewhere in the 1.4 or 2.0 platforms ?

Daniel