Re: gnome-recent, ready to rock

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 15:21, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 23:41, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> > Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org> writes:
> > > Since no one is saying anything Chema I think that must mean that it is
> > > ok for you to add this really cool addition :)
> >
> > No, at least I was just waiting for the release team to do the saying
> > of something. ;-) /me pokes release team
> >
> > We can easily put this feature in GAL or libgnomedesktop or what have
> > you for now, and add it to libgnome post-2.0. libgnome 2.2 doesn't
> > have to be really far in the future.
>
> I think putting it into GAL seems like a good idea since this is
> something which is especially usefull for Office apps and most of our
> office apps already link to GAL.

<snip>

Well, unless there is a really compelling reason to tie the gnome-recent
stuff to GAL, it seems to me that it might be better separate.
libgal.so hovers around 3MB over several revisions.  Some simpler
program might not want the libgal.so overhead and yet still benefit
from having other apps know what files it has open and vice versa.

	Miles