Re: gnome-recent, ready to rock

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org> writes:
> Since no one is saying anything Chema I think that must mean that it is
> ok for you to add this really cool addition :)

No, at least I was just waiting for the release team to do the saying
of something. ;-) /me pokes release team

We can easily put this feature in GAL or libgnomedesktop or what have
you for now, and add it to libgnome post-2.0. libgnome 2.2 doesn't
have to be really far in the future.

James, I hope you won't find that discouraging - this is work that
needs doing, but we need to be sure APIs get proper
discussion/testing, and that they stop moving at some point so we can
get the user desktop off the ground. The only way to do that is to be
really strict about the freeze, otherwise there's always "one more
thing" :-/

I'm already upset about 4 or 5 tiny fixes I really would like to make
to GTK, but the freeze keeps me from doing so...

What we could do for now is put the API either in its own tiny shared
lib, or in say that lib in gnome-core that has the ditem in it; then
we can try it out and start using it in a few places right away.

Hope that makes sense.

Havoc