Re: gnome-program.h: defining variables in headers

ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org> writes:
> I propose killing all of this, it is horribly some-version-of-glibc
> dependant. FOr other systems, you can't optionally define the variables.
> wrong wrong WRONG! So let's provide (properly namespaced) public accessor
> functions instead, and initialize our own private invocation_name
> variables inside gnome_program_preinit. This could be trivially done.
>
> However, then Glynn proposed just removing them completely and relying on
> the maintainers of other packages to use something else instead.

I'd say that if some apps in CVS are really using this for something
reasonable/common, we should do the first thing (provide accessors).
If however no one is using it or the uses of it are
obscure/weird/crack-ridden, we should just delete the whole deal as
Glynn suggests.

g_get_prgname() seems like it's probably appropriate for most uses.

Havoc