Re: Is GNOME 2 dead ?

On 29 Aug 2001 11:40:41 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> You can use bonobo-conf as wrapper if you prefer that API, but it's
> optional. The GConf library API is not deprecated and will not be
> deprecated in the foreseeable future. I will continue to maintain it
> and am maintaining it now.

I would prefer we only have one "blessed" API, as I am sure you will
agree (judging from previous threads), for the platform. My personal
preference would be on the bonobo-config one, for reasons I've mentioned
earlier today, but more important than which I prefer is that the
platform standardizes on it.

Joe