Stop bickering and remember the users.

Ok guys. You seem to be forgetting the users in this fude. I've been
waiting a very long time for gnome 2 (as I'm sure a great many other
people have to), and even with a freeze, its going to be a while before we
see gnome 2. This squabaling is getting us no where. I propose the
following solution. There are alot of things people want done, but there
is just not time for it. I say we retarget all the proposals for gnome
2.2.

For gnome 2.0 we use Martins released API.

For gnome 2.2 we use Anders API + Whatever else we want to go in.

We are really starting to lag behind because we've had stuff in cvs too
long without a release. We need to get code out there on desktops. Live
with what we have now, get the apps ported, and by gnome 2.2 we will have
everything we want. This will be good anyway, because other things we want
are going into GTK 2.2 as well, so we can use a process similar to theirs.

Bob