Re: Is GNOME 2 dead ?

> leaving us with three
> non-deprecated config systems and others.

As a side note:

  a) bonobo-conf doesn't count as an extra config system, since in
     GNOME it can only be used as a GConf wrapper. it is just an
     alternative API to the single config system.

  b) gnome_config_ isn't a config system, it's a .ini file parser.
     not a particular evil or harmful thing. I wouldn't add it
     today, but porting all our stuff away from gnome_config_
     is not going to happen for GNOME 2.

Havoc