Re: Opinions on when to start Nautilus porting?

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Darin Adler wrote:
> I know that Gimp porting to GNOME 2 is already underway. I also know
> that there are problems in various platform libraries. I also remember
> from GUADEC that Michael Meeks was particularly adamant that he didn't
> want me starting to port Nautilus before the libraries were ready.
> So, folks, any thoughts on when Ramiro and I (and the rest of the
> gang)  should start porting Nautilus?

Right away :) Actually I think we need something as heavy as Nautilus to
begin porting to uncover the problems with the libraries. I mean GConf
was out for a long long time, but it wasn't until Galeon now starting to
use it that a lot of issues was found and resolved.

Christian