Re: GNOME CVS: libgnome martin

> simple and skeletal sound API similar to that in GNOME 1. I'm talking
> about gnome_sound_play_file(const char *filename) simple. This would
> be adequate for the "bing-bong" sounds that we'd like to have and keeps
> our options open for a real sound solution down the road. This very
> simple API could be kept around in the future and adapted to whatever
> more snazzy system in the future.

I agree with Joe, we're going to want a "play_file (filename)" sort of
API whatever system we choose to use. As long as its that simple, I
don't see the problem of making one now and hiding the details of the
implementation. This just doesn't seem that hard.

I use swoosh sounds for my panel, and sounds for a couple other events,
and even though it wouldn't be the end of the world if they stopped
happening...well darnit, I like 'em.

-Seth