Re: API freeze release ... status so far.
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM>, Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Christian Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org>, <gnome-2-0-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: API freeze release ... status so far.
- Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 09:54:10 -0400 (EDT)
On 3 Aug 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> if by foundation libs you mean any kind of libraries, can I propose to
> also include in this lot libgda and libgnomedb?
Well - now is a good time to start porting them to the new
platform - as for what is 'core' Gnome, and what is official whatever -
who an say.
> They are now very stable, based on Bonobo (both) and everything is
> ready to start porting them to GNOME 2 as soon as the freeze happens.
You can port libgda now - since libbonobo is frozen and released -
you'll need to block on Martin releasing libgnome / libgnomeui since sadly
libgnome is a libbonobo dependancy - though quite why I forget, perhaps
that can be fixed.
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev