Re: API freeze release ... worries.

> I think Michael is right, to get the release done we need to start
> just doing some releasing. ;-)
>
> The API freeze is going to be somewhat slushy, because stuff is just a
> bit fscked up no doubt, but we making sure stuff distchecks and
> compiles as a group of tarballs is a good step forward. It's not
> expected to be bug-free yet.

Can I suggest that modules that don't feel ready to do a complete freeze
do something like what Ian, Maciej and I did with GnomeVFS which is to
check in a file entitled OUTSTANDING_API_ISSUES that details possible
changes that might occur before we do a full API freeze, and how
application developers can avoid getting bit by them?

This also provides a valuable road-map for hitting a hard freeze in the
next couple of weeks.

-Seth