Re: GNOME 1.4 beta 2 is staged

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 11:29:03AM -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Yes, there has been a new release of gnome-vfs which should address
> the Solaris and FreeBSD problems (but it's not from HEAD, it's from
> the gnome-vfs stable branch).

As long as it works, I don't care where it came from .. I'm assuming
that this will be one of the changes for beta2??

> >   1. both ggv and ghex require db2html in order to build any documentation,
>
> I suggest contacting the maintainer, ideally with a patch that makes
> it work like the help build of other modules.

Already been taken care of.

> >   2. xalf refuses to build in lib/, complaining at length about
> >      overloading _init().
>
> I don't know much about this.

xalf appears to have other portability issues beyond this one, such as
the use of getopt_long().  I may get around to looking at it before I
finalize the FreeBSD ports and packages, but at the current time, it's
fairly low on the priority list.

> Why don't you send them to relevant maintainers and let them decide?
> For Nautilus and gnome-vfs we would definitely rather see these
> patches sooner rather than later.

Priorities.  There's one of me, and I'm spending my copious quantities
of free time get something that will build and run under FreeBSD.
When I get the chance, I'll isolate the portability patches and send
them in.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			       ade FreeBSD org
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/