Re: GNOME 1.4 beta 2 is staged

On 28 Feb 2001 10:09:54 -0600, Ade Lovett wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 12:17:45AM -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
> In addition, I've seen the following portability issues that probably
> affect more than just FreeBSD.
>
>   1. both ggv and ghex require db2html in order to build any documentation,
>      unlike other packages.  If no db2html is installed, the Makefiles
>      for both packages require physical hacking to comment out the help
>      directories

the docs should be built at *dist* time rather than build time.  please
mail the maintainers of these, and if they don't reply in a couple of
days you can mail me and i'll do the appropriate hackery for it.

if you want to do it and send a patch to either me or the maintainers,
all the better.

for reference, bug-buddy does this correctly.

jacob
--
"The people who made the Macintosh produced a miracle, but that
 doesn't mean their code was wonderful." -- Bob Cringely