Gnome 1.4 testing (bug filing)

Seth,

This was the recommendation agreed by the 1.4 Release Engineering team.

-Karl.

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:59:11 +0000 (GMT)
From: Karl Gaffney <Karl Gaffney ireland sun com>
Subject: Gnome 1.4 testing (bug filing)
To: gnome-1 4-test-team gnome org
Cc: gnome-1 4-release-team gnome org, victor eazel com, jsh eazel com,
mtgordon ximian com, eli eazel com
Content-MD5: Ninwg5rgTxMzaaB/o1AV5g==

I still need people to sign up for specific areas of testing!

Give the fairly short test cycles and time to release of Gnome 1.4, I'd
like to propose that we concentrate the output of all Gnome 1.4 testing
efforts on providing bugs reports only.

I believe it would take too long to agree and co-ordinate efforts to
have individual test contributors provide detailed test reports etc.

Please file bugs in bugzilla.gnome and bugzilla.eazel only.

We're working on some scripts to extract those bugs that need to be
fixed prior to releasing Gnome 1.4 (Stoppers). These should be completed
in the next couple of days. If someone has such scripts from a previous
release please forward.

Comments etc. welcome

Karl Gaffney
(Gnome 1.4 QA co-ordinator)