Re: Please test compile the staging area for the beta

Ade Lovett <ade FreeBSD org> writes:

> > FreeBSD 4.1.1 on x86
>
> Should really be the -stable release, which is currently 4.2-STABLE,
> this is what I use to update GNOME components.  I hope to be able
> to add alpha to the list by GNOME 2.0

4.2 is released? I just looked on the releases page on www.freebsd.org
and the latest I saw was 4.1.1.

> > It will sadly still be broken for the beta, but I think given the
> > release criteria, this is not the case. I also think all the major
> > FreeBSD issues are fixed on CVS HEAD of nautilus and gnome-vfs.
>
> Ok.  If someone can drop some tarballs somewhere, I can test this
> pretty quickly.. anoncvs/rdist is patchy at best.. I'd love to set
> up a cvsup server along side the rdist3 mechanism, but that's another
> story for another time.

If you would like to do testing of this we can give you an account on
the real CVS server. I do agree that our anoncvs setup is not so great. :-(

> > If they aren't yet, I'm sure the Nautilus team would appreicate all
> > the help they could get, and would particularly welcome patches. We
> > would also appreciate help testing our fixes.
>
> The main problem, as is usually the case, is lack of communication.
> Hopefully we can get this sorted - I'm certainly getting a little
> tired of my beloved gmc :)

We actually have a FreeBSD box in the office now for testing and such,
and I think Pavel (who does most of our gnome-vfs stuff) has been
working on it, though I do not know the current status.

 - Maciej