Re: Please test compile the staging area for the beta

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 04:13:22PM -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Eskil did not want gnome-pilot in the main GNOME release, so we are
> putting it in the extra apps relese. Yes, it is somewhat weird for the
> main release to have an optional dependency on something in the extra
> apps release, but oh well.

No big deal.  I can put a hook in our packaging system to bring it
in as an optional extra.

> FreeBSD 4.1.1 on x86

Should really be the -stable release, which is currently 4.2-STABLE,
this is what I use to update GNOME components.  I hope to be able
to add alpha to the list by GNOME 2.0

> It will sadly still be broken for the beta, but I think given the
> release criteria, this is not the case. I also think all the major
> FreeBSD issues are fixed on CVS HEAD of nautilus and gnome-vfs.

Ok.  If someone can drop some tarballs somewhere, I can test this
pretty quickly.. anoncvs/rdist is patchy at best.. I'd love to set
up a cvsup server along side the rdist3 mechanism, but that's another
story for another time.

> If they aren't yet, I'm sure the Nautilus team would appreicate all
> the help they could get, and would particularly welcome patches. We
> would also appreciate help testing our fixes.

The main problem, as is usually the case, is lack of communication.
Hopefully we can get this sorted - I'm certainly getting a little
tired of my beloved gmc :)

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			       ade FreeBSD org
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/