RE: GNOME Releng web site

>From seeing the page and the discussion I gather that the GNOME 1.4
release will be somewhat
barebones meaning just the 'core' of what is GNOME will be included.

Personally I would like to see a more fleshed out release including
GNOME Office etc., but
this doesn't seem to be very likely to happen.

So my suggestion is that when we release GNOME 1.4 we also release a
list of software we
recommend to get a 'full' GNOME experience. This list would hopefully be
used as the basis
for what distributions will include when they bundle GNOME. My fear is
that if we just release a barebones GNOME 1.4 release, some distro's
might put just that in, making GNOME seem rather application poor.

On this list we can put stuff like the GNOME Office apps, chat clients
more games etc.

If this suggestion is approved I would be more than happy to take on the
work of assembling the first draft, and maintaining it.

Christian