Re: GNOME 1.4 extra apps coordinators

> > gnome-applets-extras sounds like a good idea to me (maybe some applets
> > from gnome-applets could migrate there even). gnome-games-extra sounds
> > redundant, we could just include a number of individual games in the
> > extra distribution.
>
> I'm not sure what to do about the GNOME applets situation -- we
> currently ship a large number of applets in the GNOME applets package,
> and I think Maciej is write that some of these should be broken out.
>
> However, if we are going to ship extra applets, I'm definitely against
> shipping them in one large bunch called gnome-applets-extra.  Ship
> them individually, so that users can choose which to install.

I agree with Ian on this.  I think the extra apps stuff should be
individual packages, though I can see the argument for having all the
extra applets released in one package.  It's possible that it could be
distributed in both forms, but users shouldn't have to install all the
extra applets if they don't want to.

Jamin Philip Gray
jgray writeme com
http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

Microsoft should switch to the vacuum cleaner business where people
actually want products that suck.