Re: GNOME 1.4 extra apps coordinators

On Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 08:45:52PM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Jim Garrison <garrison users sourceforge net> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Are there still going to be gnome-games-extra and gnome-applets-extra?  If
> > people think it's a good idea, I would be willing to collect the resources
> > necessary to make these packages and maintain one or both of them.
> >

> gnome-applets-extras sounds like a good idea to me (maybe some applets
> from gnome-applets could migrate there even). gnome-games-extra sounds
> redundant, we could just include a number of individual games in the
> extra distribution.

I'm not sure what to do about the GNOME applets situation -- we
currently ship a large number of applets in the GNOME applets package,
and I think Maciej is write that some of these should be broken out.

However, if we are going to ship extra applets, I'm definitely against
shipping them in one large bunch called gnome-applets-extra.  Ship
them individually, so that users can choose which to install.

Regarding games -- I'm also the GNOME games maintainer, and I think
that we currently ship more than enough small, simple games in the
gnome-games package.  If additional games have been written and are
ready to be released, they can, individually, be part of the extra
apps release.

--
Ian Peters
itp helixcode com