Re: Package list proposal decisions

shunter bigsky net writes:

> On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 06:31:32PM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > * add grdb - YES: should be integrated with gnome-core and
> >   control-center; is anyone doing this work?
>
> Yeah, I am/have done some/will do the rest...

Wonderful!

> I apologize for being slow. The real world keeps getting in the
> way.

No problem.

> I do have the first cut of a patch that integrates the capplet stuff
> into the theme-selector capplet. It needs to be tested. I'll
> test and post it this upcoming weekend.

Glad to hear it.

> As for integrating grdb itself into gnome-core, I can do that too.
> It shouldn't require much (any) changes to the code, just the
> automake/autoconf stuff. Does adding a grdb subdir below the main
> gnome-core directory sound alright?

Sounds great.

> I don't have commit access so I'll send patches to gnome-devel and
> relevant maintainers.

You should send patches first so the maintainers can look over it, but
life will be easier if you have commit access to maintain your
code. Email me privately and I will get you CVS commit access if you
want it.

> Let me know if there is a more appropriate
> mechanism (did bugzilla ever show up at gnome-releng.eazel.com?)

Not yet, I'm working on it.

 - Maciej