Re: "Meta" packages

One of the biggest problems I've seen is that when the number of
packages is increased, the binary guys really like it, but the guys that
compile from source throw a fit since they have to do so much stuff. I
kinda came up with a solution for BLADE
(http://bob.thestuff.net/projects/blade)
 I have a build system that you run make once, and it configures
everything under it as needed. It would take alittle bit of work to
addapt it to work with gnome, but it would be worth it. Then the binary
guys have more packages (selection) and the source guys can compile just
what they want, easily. Anyone who's up to it can grab the build
directory from blade and hack as needed.