"Meta" packages

Talking with Telsa and Ankh, we came to the conclusion that it would be
very nice to have meta-packages for gnome 1.4. Smaller libraries could
be grouped together depending upon how essential they are, and this
lessens the number of things which need to be installed. I'd simply like
to bring it up for discussion. Would some kind of script be created to
help those compiling it all, or what? The basic idea is to optimize the
packaging and installation so that the downloads a 28.8 user has to make
aren't too large, and the number of installations a t1 user has to do
are minimal. I feel this will also help spread the new "essential"
libraries when the time comes, and it still allows us to only update
small libraries via helix-update when necessary.

Julian

--
email: julian linuxpower org
jabber:julian jabber org