Re: extra app list (revision)

In fact, I consider the gimp really easy to understand
(is the right click a so hard to understand stuff ???), but maybe not for
kids.

I accept the fact that some users do need all the gimp fonctionnalily, so a
mode with not all the stuff showed could be an idea, but for doing any
image modification, using the gimp have two advantages :
- the gimp's tools are very well elaborated, capable, more than all the new
softs started from nothing fonctionnaly can provide
- using the same tools for everybody -> when the tools are enhanced, ALL
the users take advantages of the enhancements

It all the same old story .. using what's already existing to build
something or reinventing all the day the same things who already exists...

The Gimp can resize and image in many differents methods. How gpaint plan
to do this stuff ? Resizing with a more buggy, less-capable method ?
Or copying the gimp code ? Copying, why not... But, if the gimp code in
enhanced (in a matter of bugs, ability), does the author of gpaint go
recheck the code to re-copy it ?
And DOES REALLY THE USERS HAVING 300 Mo of line of code installed, if this
300 Mo of code are, for the half of it, exactly the same in differents
files ??

Sorry, I dont thinks this way of doing things as very good idea...

--
mathieu

	« Le brouillard qui enveloppe la rue
	  J'ne distingue même plus les trottoirs