grdb into gnome-1.4 (or at least gnome CVS) ?

Hello all.

I'd like to open the subject of getting grdb into gnome 1.4.

For those who don't know, grdb maps gtk theme colors and fonts to
Xt/motif/tk programs. Its meager home-page is at:
http://bucket.pp.ualr.edu/~bit/grdb.html

grdb proper is pretty much done. I guess that means I'm happy with it.
The next release is going to happen soon, and after that, there's one
misfeature I want to fix.

Currently there is a separate capplet for configuring grdb, but I'd like
to (and hope to write a patch this weekend) that merges it with the
theme-selector capplet. This not only makes sense logically, but would
let the capplet run grdb whenever the them changed.

What I have in mind is import grdb into gnomes CVS archive and
modify the theme-selector capplet in control-center. Basically,
if grdb is not found in the path, the controls for configuring grdb
would be desensitized or hidden (haven't actually done it to see
what I like better).

Does this sound reasonable? Keeping grdb a separate package is good
for two reasons:

1) grdb proper really doesn't depend on gnome, so non-gnomers who wanted
to use it, could just grab the latest release and ./configure. This
reason isn't as important to me as it used to be.

2) clearly delineated ownership. bug reports on grdb could be sent
directly to me. Although new users might not know that its grdb
changing the darn colors.

So, I'm not really against merging all of grdb with control center or some
other package, if that's deemed appropriate. I still plan on maintaining
it.

Also, even if this isn't a gnome-1.4 core item, who do I talk at to get
grdb in gnome CVS? I'm planning major reconstructive surgery on my
PC at home and might as well get grdb out there before I do it. I
haven't created a sourceforge project because grdb wants to be a standard
part of gnome eventually.

Finally, is gnome-1.4 binary compatible with gnome-1.2? I have
a patch to gnome-font-picker that lets the programmer set a filter
that is passed thru to the gtk font dialog. It uses gtk_widget_set_data()
so its binary compatible (I think, been using it for awhile here). But
if 1.4 breaks compatibility, this might as well be a pointer in
the widget. I'll post the patch to gnome-devel and whomever looks like
libgnomeui's maintainer after I clean it up.

I've got to go to work. But I'd appreciate any feedback on any of the above.

Thanks,
Sam Hunter <shunter@bigsky.net>