Re: Some proposed package removals and additions

> it loses my mail, I'll be pretty pissed off. I should hope that we learned
> our lesson after GNOME 1.0 and won't do this again, and I'd say that both
> October GNOME and (even more so) GNOME 1.2 is a testament to this.

Looking at large chunks of gnomeutils and gnorpm I'd say it was half learned.

1.2 packaging was screwed up
A lot of the utils are very buggy  (gnome colorsel, gnorpm, logview..)
The core apps worked this time

The general for 1.2 having worked on the RH beta and also done a 6.2 rpm
set is a lot lot better than October gnome