Re: Some proposed package removals and additions

> Looking at large chunks of gnomeutils and gnorpm I'd say it was half learned.

Good point. gnome-utils was rushed and shipped simply because it had
"gnome" in the first part of its name and was considered a core
component.

On the other hand, gnorpm wasn't considered a core component and fell
behind. I think that was more of a lack of activity from the maintainer
than a rush to include it.

This time around, we should make sure that every component that is being
shipped as part of "GNOME 1.4" be nice and ready. I think we tried and did
a pretty good job with 1.2 (with some exceptions and oversights, like
gnome-utils and gnome-media, for example), but we're the best organized
and ready from a code standpoint than we ever have been before.

> The general for 1.2 having worked on the RH beta and also done a 6.2 rpm
> set is a lot lot better than October gnome

Amen.

Joe