Re: [gnet-devel] gnet_conn_readn does not read the specified amount of bytes

On Tuesday 10 February 2009, Fred Labrosse wrote:
> All,
>
> I just realised that gnet_conn_readn does not necessarily read the
> specified number of bytes.  In one case (reproducible) it reads more
> (everything available on the socket) than the specified amount and in the
> following read, reads less than the specified amount (because some had been
> taken by the previous readn).
>
> This is using gnet-2.0.7.  Is 2.0.8 likely to fix the problem?
> Unfortunately, installing 2.0.8 is not trivial (I would have to create
> debian packages cross- compiled for an ARM-based platform).  So before
> attempting it, I would prefer to have some confirmation that this would
> help.

I have in the end compiled, made the package and installed gnet-2.0.8 and
cleaned and recompiled my application.

I still have the same problem, namely that gnet_conn_readn() can read more or
less than what is specified as the length parameter.

What am I missing?

TIA,

Fred