Re: [gnet-dev] Cross-compiling gnet for win32 from linux

On Monday 13 March 2006 15:32, ben levitt wrote:
> Just to confirm that this is truly a gnet vs. glib/gtk bug, I submit
> the following:
>
> I took echoserver-async.c and echoclient-async.c, and added an empty
> gtk window to each app, and a timeout to send "Ping!" from the client
> to the server  every 1000ms.
>
> When I run my `pingserver-async.exe 2000` and `pingclient-async.exe
> localhost 2000`, and move the server window while a "Ping!" comes in,
> I get the same crashing behavior.
>
> My test code is here:
>   http://benjie.org/software/pingserver-async.c
>   http://benjie.org/software/pingclient-async.c
>
> Is there anything I should be doing differently?  Are there any ideas
> on how to work around or fix this?  Should I take this to the gtk dev
> list?

You can try, but good luck ..... when *I* tried, I was told that they couldn't
help me without code samples -  "Unfortunately, we can't do much about it
without having seen code. My suspicion is that you just proved that C is
error prone."

And I got THAT from somebody who's email address was gnome-de.org. Last I
checked, gnome was written in C :-)

Unfortunatly, I worked around the problem by going with the native windows API
(urk). I'm able to do without gnet a lot easier than I'm able to do without
the gtk libraries.

Try posting to the gtk list, and address Tor Lillqvist directly. I saw a
thread archived *somewhere* where this exact behaviour was discussed, but
unfortunatly I didn't save the links. Basiclly, Tor said he wasn't able to
reproduce anything, so there was nothing to fix as far as he was concerned.
Maybe if your code gives him the same problem, we can get it addressed.

I'll keep an eye out for your posts