[gnet] doubt in building packets

hai friends,

           I'm a final year student doing my project
in network security.My project title is "Steganography
throu TCP/IP header.

project details:
        1.capturing packet from active/passive network
        2.extracting the TCP header
        3.Replacing the unused 6 bits in the header
with encoded data.
        4.sending the packet into network again
        5.Reverse processing to get data back at
receiver end.

       I started with building packets using raw
sockets.I've got the idea of creating packet and
sending using sendto() function.

       My doubt is how to receive them?.Give idea abt
the project implementation.Is path right?.

-Malathy