Re: [gnet] GNet and Gtk

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:57:57 +0100
Bruno Dusausoy <bdusauso beeznest net> wrote:

> On mar, 2005-01-04 at 19:17 +0100, Hubert Sokołowski wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > please send the code, maybe i could help you.
>
> Ok, here you are.
> I'm sure it's a question of blocking systems calls but I attach the
> code
> anyway. It's a slightly modified "echoserver.c" file. I just added a
> Gtk
> Window, a Label and two callbacks (the usual : destroy and
> delete_event
> signals callbacks).
yes, you should use asynchronic version. also note that when you create
window, show it, etc. it doesn't really shows it, it all happens in  the
gtk mainloop, so until you run gtk_main the window will not be shown.
and when you exit from gtk_main it means you are closing your gtk app,
so running gtk_label_set_text and others makes no sense.

regards
hs