[gnet] problem installing gnet 2.0.3

hi:

I installed gnet 2.0.3 from the sources, and it appeared to build and
install just fine.  Then I tried to build gnomeicu (the reason I wanted
gnet).  I get this error.

checking for libglade-2.0 >= 2.0.0
                  libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.0.0
                  gnet >= 1.1.4
                  libxml-2.0 >= 2.4.7... Package gnet was not found in
the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gnet.pc'
No package 'gnet' found

Furthermore, searching my disk reveals no gnet.pc anywhere.

--
    Lawrence MacIntyre     865.574.8696     lpz ornl gov
               Oak Ridge National Laboratory