[gnet-dev] Async bug with GLib 2.0?

Hi. I was porting a library to use GLib 2.0, and this library also
depends on GNet. It seems I have found a bug in the GNet 1.1.4 release
which is preventing me from using it with GLib 2.0, even though it
builds fine. After checking the archives for this list, I wonder if it
isn't the async DNS lookup bug reincarnate.

The problem is that when using gnet_tcp_socket_connect_async (), the
function returns a valid context, but I never get any callback. I've
tried to connect to both "localhost" and "127.0.0.1" with the same
result. Whether there is a process listening on the port I try to
connect to or not makes no difference.

This also affects tests/dnstest and examples/echoclient that come with
GNet, but only in async mode. Listener sockets seem to work fine, I get
callbacks when connecting to them.

I've confirmed this with GNet 1.1.4 and GLib 2.0.0 and 2.0.3. It works
fine if linked with GLib 1.2.10.

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'll also recommend linking the examples with
the uninstalled library - I'm not sure the `gnet-config --(libs|cflags)`
has any educational value.

--
Hans Petter