Re: [gmime-devel] git master is now for 2.99.x development

For what it's worth, I've updated the PORTING file to document the API changes I've been making and will try to keep it updated as I go and change any API's from now on (I forgot all about the PORTING file until just a few minutes ago).

The current changes are as follows:

- g_mime_message_get_sender() no longer returns the value of the From header,
  it now returns an InternetAddressList* containing the parsed address(es)
from the Sender header. For the From addresses, use g_mime_message_get_from().

- g_mime_message_get_reply_to() no longer returns a const char*, instead it
  returns an InternetAddressList* for easier use.

- g_mime_message_set_sender() and g_mime_message_set_reply_to() have been
  removed. You will either need to use the appropriate getter method and
  then internet_address_add_address() to add a new InternetAddressMailbox
  or, alternatively, you can use g_mime_message_add_mailbox().

- GMimeRecipientType has been replaced by GMimeAddressType because it now
  contains non-recipient-based enum values (SENDER, FROM, and REPLY_TO).

- g_mime_message_get_recipients() has been replaced by g_mime_message_get_addresses()
  which allows you to access the address lists of any address header.

- g_mime_message_add_recipient() has been renamed to g_mime_message_add_mailbox()
  due to the fact that it can now be used to add mailbox addresses to the
  Sender, From, and Reply-To headers as well.

- GMimeObject's prepend_header(), append_header(), and set_header() virtual
  methods now all take a const char *raw_value and gint64 offset arguments.
  The raw_value is the raw header value cloned exactly as the parser found
  it in the stream (meaning it retains the original folding). The 'value'
  argument remains as it has always been, an unfolded (but still encoded)
  header value.

- GMimeHeaderIter has been dropped in favour of a more direct way of
  iterating over a GMimeHeaderList using int indexes.

- g_mime_stream_write_to_stream(), g_mime_stream_writev(), and g_mime_stream_printf()
now return a gint64.