[gmime-devel] git master is now for 2.99.x development

Some of you may have noticed already, but git master is now for 2.99.x development that will lead up to a 3.0 release.

I've created a gmime-2-6 branch for the old 2.6 API.

Over the past day or so I've been taking a wrecking ball and smashing parts of GMime into oblivion in order to improve the API and/or to fix long-standing design flaws (such as raw header caching). I'm going to *try* to keep master in a usable state, but I would not bet the family farm on it, so be warned.

For a rough idea of what my plans are for 3.0, you can check out the TODO file.

I'm also thinking of moving development to GitHub in order to open GMime up for Pull Requests so I can avoid dealing with patches via email. Is hosting GMime's git repo on git.gnome.org making it more difficult for people interested in and/or already contributing? I'm interested in getting some feedback on this proposal. If contributors think it'll help, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it and just do it.