Re: [gmime-devel] Encoding headers: Is UTF-8 a sane default now?

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj gnome org> wrote:
I wish there was a good way of figuring out which charsets are still in common use and widely supported (at least as far as decoding is concerned).

After a bit of Googling, I found some vaguely applicable references:

- Current data for web sites: <https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/character_encoding/all> - HTML5 default encodings by language (scroll down to the table): <https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/syntax.html#parsing> - 2008 data for mobile devices: <https://mobiforge.com/design-development/character-encoding-issues-and-mobile-web>

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>