Re: [gmime-devel] Encoding headers: Is UTF-8 a sane default now?

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

So in terms of init'ing GMime to do the right thing: There's nothing to do for US-ASCII headers that will always be used if valid to do so, as long as GMIME_ENABLE_USE_ONLY_USER_CHARSETS is not passed to gmime_init() it will do the same thing for iso-8859-1, and if I call g_mime_set_user_charsets() with just UTF-8, it will use that for all other header strings.

If I do set the user charsets to UTF-8 then I assume that means all headers will be sent as one of those three - i.e. no non-ascii/iso-8859-1 header strings will ever be encoded with something like iso-8859-*, windows-1251 or Shift-JIS, right?

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>