Re: [gmime-devel] Using GMimeDecryptResult - certificate information?

On 7/13/2016 7:22 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

This seems likely to be wrong for gpg 2.1.x, where passphrase disclosure
to the gpg process itsef is generally discouraged in favor of the
daemon-managed gpg-agent.

need_passwd doesn't matter whether the agent is used or gmime is used, I don't think? Maybe my memory is rusty, though?

This is arguably a bug in gmime -- shouldn't all these requests use
--batch?

It's possible. When is Gaute having these "hangs"? I did not see mention of what operation was being done.

Encrypting and Verifying should use --batch --yes from what I can tell. The other operations do not, probably because it broke gpg 1.x somehow (maybe --batch --yes was too aggressive in feeding "yes" to all requests for gpg's input requests?). Of course, it's also possible that I was over optimizing...

If it's always safe to pass --batch --yes to gpg, then I have no problem enabling that code always.