Re: [gmime-devel] Using GMimeDecryptResult - certificate information?

On Sat 2016-12-10 20:51:26 +0100, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
* 2.1.13 (Fedora 25): Even after fixing the --batch, this continued to
fail until I realized that the version parsing in testsuite.c was based
on "gpg" and not "gpg2". Fixing the unit tests to make sure that the
same "gpg" executable name was used by both the GMimeGpgContext and the
code to setup a GPGHOME, then this began working correctly. Enabling
use_agent fails here as well, even if I don't add the pinentry-mode to
the gpg.conf - as with 1.4.21, it appears the gpg-agent is getting an
ioctl error.

An ioctl error coming from gpg-agent during secret key access is usually
an error forwarded from pinentry, which is trying to fall back to
curses, but doesn't have a tty available.

If you export GPG_TTY you can direct the pinentry to know which terminal
to use.  Often, that's:

    GPG_TTY=$(tty)

Daniel, could you check to make sure the flurry of changes I made in the
past 24 hours hasn't broken anything for you? If not (hopefully not),
I'll push out a release as-is and then I think it'll be time to switch
gears to "GMime 2.8" and using gpgme for PGP support.

Works for me (i can also run "make check" successfully), though i see a
weird warning at the tail end of running ./autogen.sh:

libtoolize: linking file 'm4/lt~obsolete.m4'
Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE
([^ \t=:+{}]+)}/ at /usr/bin/automake-1.11 line 4159.
configure.ac:53: installing `./missing'

(i'm surprised it's somehow decided to use automake-1.11, when
automake-1.15 is available on the system!)

Otherwise, it seems to build fine and none of the changes looked
unreasonable to me (though i haven't done a deep dive into the larger
mbox changes).

Thanks for this work, Jeff!

     --dkg