Re: [gmime-devel] Using GMimeDecryptResult - certificate information?

On Sat 2016-12-10 16:44:00 +0100, Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj gnome org> wrote:

It's clear to me based on the unit tests that if use_agent = FALSE, then
we cannot use --batch when signing or decrypting because we need to
interactively supply a passphrase to gpg.

Since you were setting use_agent = TRUE, perhaps the solution to this
problem is to use --batch for sign/decrypt if use_agent = TRUE.

Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting use_agent = TRUE to work, it
seems that the gpg-agent always immediately fails with an error about
invalid ioctl for device.

I'm guessing that I need to configure a gpg-agent or something, but I'm
not entirely sure how.

what version of gpg are you testing against?

gnupg 2.1.x always uses a cryptographic agent, so "use_agent" is a bit
of a misnomer in this case.

With GnuPG versions before 2.1.x, i also saw the test failures you
describe :/  This sort of version compatibility issue is something that
gpgme is supposed to hide for you as a developer, though.

      --dkg