Re: [gmime-devel] gmime tags: GMIME_2_6_20 -> GMIME_2.6.20?

On 6/8/2015 9:06 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
On Mon 2015-06-08 08:09:19 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

I just noticed I had forgotten to respond to this (was away on vacation
when you sent it and I had intended to reply when I got back).
no worries about the delay; thanks for the followup.

Just wanted to say that I'm fine with this. As you said, I think it was
a leftover from the cvs (and svn?) days.
cool.  Is the plan to just change this going forward, or do you intend
to add retroactive tags to the existing commit?  A retroactive tag would
be added like:

Probably just going forward. Although I'm cool if someone wants to do the work to rename the existing tags. I'd probably also consider just using 2.6.20 as the tag name instead of GMIME_2.6.20 - that's what I've been doing for https://github.com/jstedfast/MimeKit and https://github.com/jstedfast/MailKit - just using the version number as the tag instead of the full name.

   git tag GMIME_2.6.20 GMIME_2_6_20

(i don't think retroactive tags are critical, and you might argue that
they're just noise in the repo; i'm fine if you decide against them)

I don't mind the noise, just workaphobic :-)

Also, while i'm asking for ponies ;)

I think you mean unicorns ;)

  -- any chance that you might create
signed tags going forward?  It would be nice for me to be able to verify
the integrity of the sources i'm fetching over the Internet, at least to
ensure that they came from the person i expect.  Having signed tags
and/or signed tarballs for released sourcecode would help me not have to
worry about the integrity of the network between me and the gnome
mirrors/repos.

I suppose I could, although I honestly don't see too many more GMime releases being pushed in the near future as there really hasn't been much work being done on it lately.

I should probably consider putting GMime up for adoption... :-(

Thanks for all your work on gmime!

No prob :-)