Re: [gmime-devel] GMime 2.4.20 released

On 10/16/2010 09:55 AM, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:
> Hi Jeffrey,

>   JS> I've finally gotten around to packaging up 2.4.20 with fixes for the
>   JS> Quoted-Printable bug that Damien Pietras discovered as well as fixes for
>   JS> the rfc2047 end-less loop bug that Marek found and submitted a patch for.
>
>   JS> I also dropped iso-2022-kr from the list of target encodings to use for
>   JS> headers since it seems Koreans almost exclusively use euc-kr (an early
>   JS> rfc also highly suggested euc-kr instead of iso-2022-kr for use in
>   JS> headers due to many Korean mailers not being able to decode b64/qp'd
>   JS> iso-2022-kr encoded text).
>
>   JS> Hopefully this release is "bug free" ;-)
>
> Thanks for the continuing great work!
>
> Small question: is there any plan/interest in getting something like
>   g_mime_message_guess_body (...)
> in? Same for getting attachments.
>
> Both would be based on heuristics of course, but it'd be nice to get those
> inside gmime rather than having to reinvent them in apps.

I hadn't considered a guess_attachments(), but I had started working on
a guess_body() before getting side-tracked by other stuff :-)

I think one thing I was trying to decide for guess_body() is whether it
should return a multipart/alternative as the body if it thinks the
subparts are the body (as opposed to picking a text/plain or text/html
part within said multipart/alternative). I'm thinking that might be
cleaner than passing in a bool to toggle a request for text vs html.

Any thoughts?

> I've written some of that myself, I'd be happy to contribute/help with this.

Cool, I'm open to ideas.