Re: [gmime-devel] GMime 2.4.20 released

Hi Jeffrey,

  JS> I've finally gotten around to packaging up 2.4.20 with fixes for the
  JS> Quoted-Printable bug that Damien Pietras discovered as well as fixes for
  JS> the rfc2047 end-less loop bug that Marek found and submitted a patch for.

  JS> I also dropped iso-2022-kr from the list of target encodings to use for
  JS> headers since it seems Koreans almost exclusively use euc-kr (an early
  JS> rfc also highly suggested euc-kr instead of iso-2022-kr for use in
  JS> headers due to many Korean mailers not being able to decode b64/qp'd
  JS> iso-2022-kr encoded text).

  JS> Hopefully this release is "bug free" ;-)

Thanks for the continuing great work!

Small question: is there any plan/interest in getting something like
  g_mime_message_guess_body (...)
in? Same for getting attachments.

Both would be based on heuristics of course, but it'd be nice to get those
inside gmime rather than having to reinvent them in apps.

I've written some of that myself, I'd be happy to contribute/help with this.

Best wishes,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb djcbsoftware nl           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl