Re: [gmime-devel] Handling POST requests from IE7.

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 09:55 -0500, Doug Bailey wrote:
> I have an application that is embedding gmime (2.2.22) to handle http POST
> requests incoming from a browser.
>
> When I get a POST request from an IE7 browser, I have a problem in that the file
> spec in the mime header comes with a full Windows path spec (Drive spec,
> directory path and file name all delimited with backslashes).  When gmime
> completes the decode it resolves the filename to a single filename with the
> backslashes stripped out.  (The example below becomes "C:
> Documents and SettingsDBDesktopuImagetest.txt")
>
> When the POST request comes in from FireFox, all works great as FireFox only
> includes the relative file name.
>
> Is there something I am missing that would make gmime handle the Windows style
> path spec?

the problem isn't the Windows path spec so much as errnoneous
quoted-pairing of the parameter value :(

In order to use a literal \ inside of a quoted-string, you need to
escape it using a quoted-pair: \\

So, the correct value for the path would be: "C:\\Documents and Settings
\\DB\\Desktop\\uImagetest.txt"

Unfortunately, this is not something you likely have control over (as it
is probably a bug in IE7), and I am at a loss as to what to do about
this problem on the GMime side since "fixing" it would break compat with
the spec :(

If you want to modify your local copy of GMime, the place to do it would
be in gmime-param.c:decode_quoted_string() I think.

Hope that helps :\