Re: M$ Access

On 07/07/2014 03:37 AM, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2014-07-02 at 11:05 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote:
Hi All,

Not to ask to dump a question, but if you have an old Access
2000 database, can you transfer the thing into Glom?  Or
just the data?

It might be possible to transfer some of the SQL structure, if you knew
a lot about what you were doing. But MS Access systems generally have a
lot of human-written (Visual Basic?) code in them to do lots of generic
stuff. That couldn't be converted automatically. You'd need an expert,
if you aren't one yourself.

Hi Murray,

I am always learning new things.  I have done a lot in Lotus
Approach, but it has been abandoned by IBM.

I was asking the above as I was doing cold walk ins looking
for work and came across a customer with an Access 2000
that wouldn't work in the new M$ Office.  He showed it to me
and it look like a simple one page form.  The form did not
look like it has any linked databases either.  So really
simple.  And, I need the work.

Thank you for helping me with this,

-T