glom and LaTeX reports

Hello,

I recently stumbled across Glom and really like it, once I got it to run
on Debian.

I would love to see a more advanced reporting function. My idea is e.g.
that glom can export certain data/values into a LaTeX-template and call
LatexMK after that to render a pdf file.

Use case: gradebooks for students. Automatically produce nice looking
gradebooks for every student in the database, without using spreadsheets
to calculate grades or a word processor to fill out a gradebook.

I know Latex but no Python. Maybe PlasTex
(http://plastex.sourceforge.net/plastex/index.html), Pytex
(http://www.pytex.org/), Cheetah (http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/,
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/41875/generate-latex-truth-table-with-python-cheetah),
or Pyandoc (https://github.com/kennethreitz/pyandoc) would be good
starting points?

My general question is: could this be done with glom? If yes: how much
work would be needed to code a function to insert data from glom into an
Latex template and render a pdf file?

thank you in advance!

Thomas