Re: Can glom do composite primary keys?

Hi All
If it's not urgent, then there must be another way to do the following three tables?
I thought you could only do it via a composite key.

Many plants can have the same common name and many common names are used for many plants.

Cheers
Max

Plants.tbl

Field Name Field Type Req Len Key Comment
PlantID Integer INTEGER Yes 10 p
BotName Text VARCHAR Yes 50

Synonym Text VARCHAR No 50

FamName Integer INTEGER Yes 10
Listbox from FamName.tbl
PlantDescript Memo LONGVARCHAR Yes 0

ImagePath Text VARCHAR No 100

PlantComName.tbl

Link table/Composite Key
Field Name Field Type Req Len Key Comment
PlantID Integer INTEGER Yes 10 p Plants.tbl plantID
ComNameID Integer INTEGER Yes 10 p ComName.tbl ComNameID
ReferenceID Integer INTEGER Yes 10 p Reference.tbl ReferenceID

ComName.tbl

Field Name Field Type Req Len Key Comment
ComNameID Integer INTEGER Yes 10 p
ComName Text VARCHAR Yes 50