Re: Using Glom on Maemo5 and Ubuntu

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 18:28 +0200, Nicola Larosa wrote:
Hi all, thanks for Glom, it seems really nice, and will be very useful,
once I manage to make it work. :-)

I'm trying to use v.1.13.2 on Ubuntu 10.04 (added the PPA, no change),
and v.1.12.6-1maemo5 on a Nokia N900.

If I understand correctly, the Maemo5 version cannot create a database,
so I need to create it on Ubuntu. Also, the Maemo version uses SQLite,
not PostgreSQL.

However, the Ubuntu version uses PostgreSQL, and I cannot find a way to
make it create a SQLite file.

How does this work? :-) Thanks.

Sorry for the very late reply.

You'd have to build Glom yourself, providing the configure option.
That's not easy. I might eventually create a Glom-sqlite package for
Ubuntu, though the existing Glom package for Ubuntu Lucid seems to have
some problem that I haven't figured out yet.

The sqlite support (and the Maemo port) is all very experimental so far.
It's just something I have started in my spare time, in the slight hope
that some company might be interested in Openismus doing more work on
it.