Re: Web interface

Have seen some stuff in the wiki and on Murray's blog about the
'possibility' of a web interface to Glom for end users.
Yes:

http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2009/03/24/learning-java-web-stuff/

Is this still in the works?

More or less. I created a very simple proof of concepts using Java, JSP,
and GWT:
http://github.com/murraycu/online_glom

At the moment it just shows a list of tables names in the web browser.

I'm also concerned at how difficult it is to deploy JSP on cheap web
hosting. And I'm concerned at how near impossible it is to deploy a C++
library on cheap web hosting. But in the worst case, libglom could be
gradually replaced with a Java reimplementation for the web UI.

Any time scales?

Not really. It's hard to find time for it while also doing paying work.
It's one of the things that I hope to find a sponsoring company for.

We do most of our work in PHP+postgresql - I have two developers working
on an ERP system - maybe if we could dovetail a glom based extension to
this so that we could grab data from the erp system - that'd be cool. I
really like glom and a web interface for users would be great.

--

Regards

Martyn Shiner