Re: Connect to an existing Postgres database

On Sat, 2009-09-05 at 13:30 -0700, Bauke wrote:
Hello,

Like so many others I found out about Glom while looking for a decent report
generator for Linux. On Windows I worked with FileMaker a while and Glom
made me very interested. Only... I have an existing Postgres database wich I
cannot connect to with Glom. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Can anybody explain the way it should be done?

Do you mean
a) An existing PostgreSQL server to which you would like to add a Glom
database, or
b) An existing PostgreSQL database that you would like to view and edit
via Glom.

If you mean a), then this depends how your PostgreSQL server is
configured. This might help:
http://www.glom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Initial_Postgres_Configuration

If you mean b), well that's not a main supported feature of Glom, though
it's sometimes possible with some tricks. Glom is not a report generator
for existing databases.