Connect to an existing Postgres database

Hello,

Like so many others I found out about Glom while looking for a decent report
generator for Linux. On Windows I worked with FileMaker a while and Glom
made me very interested. Only... I have an existing Postgres database wich I
cannot connect to with Glom. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Can anybody explain the way it should be done?

Thanks in advance

Bauke